Twitter

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Portrait of a Bat

There's something you should know about me-- I'm a drooling idiot dog owner. I recently succumbed to my crazy dog-loving genes and got schmancy professional portraits taken of my noble hound, Batgirl.




It started when Jonathan's sister, Flora Grubb, said, "Let's get a dog that looks like a bat and namer her Batgirl!" Jonathan obsessively cruised the web for dogs until he found the weirdest looking animal ever, and said "I must meet this dog." At the petsunlimted.com rescue center, he was introduced to a little pooch named Batgirl.



1 year later I stole her and took her to photographer extraordinaire, www.furtographs.com, to get dog portraits taken of her (behind Jonathan's back) as a surprise birthday gift.

It is the gift that keeps on giving-- since every person I know will also receive framed prints of Batgirl for the next several years.




We're now formally accepting applications from those who want to make her a star.

No comments: